Monday, May 7, 2012

What I think about blog awards

Hope you had a great weekend! Today's topic: Blog awards.


Jasmine from AdamAlexMommy was recently awarded a Versatile Blogger award. Lou Lou Loves was recently awarded a Kreative Blogger award. Both were asked to pass the award on to 7 more blogs. I enjoy both their blogs and am happy that they got recognition. AND I really REALLY appreciate the recognition that Lou Lou gave my blog on her recent post, The Dragon Has Spoken, by giving me 1 of her 7 awards. Thanks to Jas for featuring me on a recent Facebook post!

I think it's great that these "awards" promote community by allowing bloggers to support other blogs -- but I feel weird calling them awards since I connect "awards" to meeting some standard or subject to some vote. So instead of passing on an award, I'll simply list my favorite blogs at the bottom of this post. No award attached to them except a virtual gold star in my book. (Excuse me if I use the wrong image for your blog...please send me a button so I can replace it in my sidebar.) If you want, for fun, post about this post and list 7 random things about yourself.

Starring role...
From Flickr, used under Creative Commons license

My favorite blogs. Read about them here and here. Some of them are new!

AdamAlexMommy Talking Thirty MauiShopGirl

SoMi Speaks SewPetiteGal World of Laura B

Pandaphilia

simplyvonne


Petite Little Girl

Sandy a la Mode



Oh, and here are 7 random things about me:

  1. I wiggle my toes A LOT but don't have restless leg syndrome
  2. Even though I'm Asian, I have 20/20 vision
  3. I blink A LOT. I'm trying not to, so that our son doesn't develop that tick
  4. I furl my eyebrow when I'm concentrating...and also watching TV. Our son definitely has this already
  5. I LOVE sashimi
  6. I have bent pinkies. It's called Clinodactyly, which sounds like a dinosaur. Our son has it too.
  7. I hate holes, specifically small ones in a regular pattern. It's called trypophobia
My son and I sure do share a lot of similarities! Sorry, hubby.

Can't wait to hear about your fav blogs!
Share 7 random facts about yourself!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - What I think about blog awards

19 comments:

  1. thanks for including me in your fave blogs! you are so sweet!! and mmmmmmm i want salmon sashimi NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks girl for mention me! I never heard of Trypophobia until now! that's so interesting, i just went to the article and read a lil bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for mentioning, Lisa! You're so sweet. What a great list! I adore these ladies as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Lisa. You're too sweet, and you're one of my fave bloggers out there. You definitely deserve these awards and recognitions. By the way, I have a "pinky syndrome", too! Short pinkies(a "condition" referred to as brachydactyly, which I never would have known if it weren't for Google). Hasn't really affected me, except for making piano lessons a bit harder when I was a kid! Have your bent pinkies affected your daily life at all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the awards! This is well deserved and I've never heard of trypophobia! Thank for passing the award on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAH! I loved your 7 factoids, they were super funny, made me stop scratching for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so glad that we've grown to be more than blogger-friends. i do feel a special connection with you--you're a very friendly and easy going person, and i absolutely learning more about you each day and interacting with you. too bad we don't live closer to one another! i'll check out some of the blogs you've mentioned here. i absolutely love japanese food... can't get enough of sashimi either. :) hope you have a terrific week!
    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first started blogging, I really enjoyed blog awards, because it helped me to feel connected to other bloggers. But, as you suggested, these awards are left completely up to the blogger who is giving them. And to list 7 bloggers who get them? Well, you can see how very quickly the award become diluted when that many are given out over and over again. That said, I still appreciate being recognized on your blog (minus the award part, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for including me in your fave blogs! I'm too new to know much about the blog awards so I really can't comment on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun facts about yourself! Great blog! Thanks for stopping by mine and taking time to leave a comment! Have a great day! See you on FB, I just liked your page. Come and visit!

    maybe we can follow each other :)
    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing me on your blog. I would give the reward right back at ya! It's nice to learn some new facts about ya! Hmmm! 7 random things about me: I have insomnia (it stinks), I love order and routine (but I'm trying harder to be more spontanious for my husband), I love to be around people, but I'm the shyest in the room, I love worship music and 80's music, I worry about everything, but I'm try on a daily basis to let go and let God, I have a group of girlfriends that I've known since grade school (we nicknamed ourselves the GBG's or Golden Beach Girls), and I enjoy being silly with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww thanks lisa :) this was super sweet of you! i really enjoyed reading all the random facts, those are usually the best to get to know someone better hehe. totes jelly of your perfect vision. here we go ...

    1. i'm blinder than most bats ... -6.00 and counting
    2. love the rain #trueohioan
    3. mildly claustraphobic
    4. can't reach an octave on the piano properly but still played intensely for 10 years
    5. i hate the feeling of chalk
    6. i once thought about running away from civilization to go live in a forest
    7. i dream in 1st person and colour

    have a great week lisa! pandaphilia style

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, thank you for mentioning my blog in your post!!!
    I agree that the 'awards' are a little stretch for the word. But... it's a great way for people's blogs to be known and found, etc. Obviously, there are other ways to do this also...but whatever! Each to their own ! :)

    Are asians supposed to have crappy vision??
    Now I want a picture of your pinkies!!! How individualistic! {is that even a word???}
    I hit people when I'm watching TV. ;) There's one for you!

    haha...Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, thank you so much for the shout out. I wasn't expecting that!!!!

    LOL, I really loved your facts. You know, I wiggle my toes unconsciously, usually when I'm in bed. You are so lucky that you have 20/20 vision. I have like negative a million. LOL I'm not blind, but pretty close. I can't see without my contacts or glasses. I'm heavily debating on getting some lasiks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the shoutout!! I think I have put just about everything about me on blog LOL.

    Have to admit I never heard of your pinky problem? Now that is something new.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun list! I love sashimi too. Very jealous of #2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww, thanks for the shout-out! now i must lurk the blogs you reco'd because i love reading new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very good post. I like your virtual stars. And thanks for telling me the name of having a phobia of holes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blogging awards are great for networking, discovering new blogs to read and also giving a shoutout to your bloggy friends but I also found them stressful! Not wanting to feel like you left anyone out and whatnot. Or if someone gave you an award and it was a hard time for you to reciprocate. (I know, chill sista) The last award post I did was during NaBloPoMo and they wanted 25 blogs listed, it was too much links on one post in my opinion and I decided it would be my last one. Instead I'd give a shoutout to my bloggy friends once in awhile, I'd also like to have guest posts too eventually.

    I'm so appreciative for all the support you give me Lisa and I always love your blog pics, I read some of them regularly now because of you. Have a happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...