Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 23 - ear of corn

How, an ear of corn is pretty big! About 8.5" and 1.5 lbs! Crazy....

Some crazy things happening this past two weeks. Last Wednesday, I discovered a screw planted right into the rear passenger-side tire of our car. It even had a washer too! So imagine this stuck in the tire!

I imagine it got there from all the construction going on at the train station parking lot. They should do a better job of cleaning up. Every time I drove with the windows down, I hear the "clank clank clank" of the washer bouncing between the screw head and tire. Very strange.

Well, I drove on it for a few days. Didn't even notice a change in pressure or tire shape. But then Sunday, after church, "fuamp fuamp fuamp". Where'd the clank go? Uh-oh....I pulled over and lo and behold, completely flat. I thought I'd be able to make it to a gas station or Cosco or something so I drove a little further. But it just didn't feel right, so I pulled over again. I'm glad I stopped when I did, otherwise I'd be riding the rims.

Luckily, I stopped right in front of a house, and there were people inside (it was Easter, maybe everyone was out). Anyways, I left my cell phone at home (the one time!), so the nice people inside let me borrow their phone to call Alan (who had to work that morning).

Anyways, A comes out to meet me (I'm only 5 min from home), and we call a tow truck. And here is our car being rescued....


The car's still at the dealership. Guess we'll get our oil changed and car alarm checked out while it's there.

1 comment:

  1. haha..sorry that happened to ya. I heard about the story this past wkend. That's one thing I can't do if i were to get a flat tire. we're just too weak to change tires ourselves even if you weren't preggo. Anyways, that car didn't even have a spare tire!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...