Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Fun

Hope you enjoyed reading about the blogging experiences from others this past week. Thanks for all of your WONDERFUL comments! For a summary, here are the posts from Nilsa, from Kat, and from Mandi.

This coming weekend is my sister's birthday, and in preparation, our 21-mo (J) has decided to bake a cake for her. So first, we're gonna need every condiment from the drawer, which includes coarse salt, apple cider vinegar, and raisins.

Ingredients
Both photos: Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 200 | f/2.8 | 1/125 sec | SpeedLite 380EX

Next, we'll definitely need lots of baking soda, powdered sugar, and couscous for the frosting...

Ingredients

Ok, so maybe J didn't REALLY have the idea to bake a cake...if he did, he's wasn't THAT off on the ingredient list ;). Nevertheless, I got 4 avocados and lots of butter in the fridge just BEGGING to be made into frosting. Yes, that's right -- AVOCADO FROSTING! I heard it first from Rachel at Bubbly Nature Creations. And the creator of such amazingness -- Dorothy from Crazy for Crust. I think I'm going to frost some vanilla cupcakes. And then maybe lick the inside of the frosting bag too ;).

Would you try avocado frosting?
Have a great weekend!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Friday Fun

12 comments:

  1. Oh these are so funny! Avocado frosting? Hmmm...never heard of it.

    And a big Happy Birthday to your sister!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be an interesting cake!!!!
    I have seen Avocado frosting recently... and I can't say that I would try it myself but I'm not huge into avocados, so there! ;)

    But... I look forward to hearing what you think of them!!!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he's going to bake a cake...how cute! :) Avocado frosting doesn't seem like something I would enjoy, but I know the hubs would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I never heard of such a thing. But it is something I need to try. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of avocado frosting, but never tried it. You'll have to let me know how it comes out. Just the other weekend, a friend brought over a salad and had whipped an avocado into the honey mustard dressing to make it a bit creamier. It was actually really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kayla LOVES helping me bake cupcakes! her favorite is the frosting part; she tends to eat most of the frosting and it ends up all over her hands than the cupcakes!

    we have a long weekend here and it's going to be a beautiful one. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute~ Luckily all those items were sealed up ... I would love the see the pics if the weren't!! Hahahaha Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so cute!!! Please tell me if its good.. I've been wanting to make some too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are such lovely photos of little j. he is so lucky to have a mom who captures every precious moment. :) yes, choices... choices... "what to gather for the ingredients?" hehee.. j is such a cutie. i am going to try the avocado frosting this weekend. my kids love baking with me, and i am not fond of store-bought frosting.

    have a fun-filled wknd, and happy birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only if you tricked me! Looks like J is having way too much fun in the kitchen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet J loved seeing so many things taken out of the cupboard now within arm's reach! How was the avocado frosting? Did it taste like a light type of frosting? Very curious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...