Sunday, May 6, 2012

Simple Sundays

Here's a second installment of Simple Sundays...

I was out walking the dogs, and noticed the sun glistening off the dew. I also noticed the dandelions, which were wet. I know I've probably seen wet dandelions before, but this is the first time I actually saw them. They were beautiful! Each "feather" was distinct. I took the time to "smell the flowers", so to speak, and was rewarded with a photo-op.

Morning dandelion
Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 200 | f/2.8 | 1/1000 sec

I bent down low for this photo. My knees definitely got wet. I increased the exposure in just one dandelion. I also increased the green and yellow saturation to "warm up" the photo. The low f-stop (f/2.8) allowed for the bokeh and twinkling effect.

Hope you'll link up with Rebecca from Simple as That!!!! You don't need a fancy camera or editing software, just snap something simple and link up :).


Hope you all had a great weekend!
Comments and/or critiques on my photos always welcome!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Simple Sundays

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Baby C was playing in a field of dandelions yesterday and I thought of you and your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wet knees were totally worth the gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Does your little one like blowing all the dandelion seeds off too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still practicing with that T2i but my photos don't look this clear!!! UGH! I think I need a 1 on 1 lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, that is one amazing photo - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So important to stop and smell the flowers and thanks for sharing your sights :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo. I dug up lots of dandelions today... glad this one got to live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful Lisa! thanks for sharing! :) have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, lisa! this is a beautiful photo worth getting your knees wet for. great job! i'll definitely check ouy your friend. :) hope you had a great wknd!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot hun .. I was phographing my son the other day whil I was laying on the floor lol ended up as muddy as him :S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shot!!! Great capture; it pays to live 'in the moment'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picture!!! I don't hate dandelions like most people do... :) Good job capturing it in one of its beautiful forms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...