Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Fun: tag, you're it

I was recently tagged by Who{is} your momma?, formerly known as Little Boy B Makes Three, to continue a chain letter for the digital times, if you will. Man, are there a lot of steps. Provide random factors about yourself. Answer questions. Tag people. Ask them questions. Whew...I need a break ;)

FIRST, I'm supposed to list 11 random things about myself. Since I'm all about efficiency, 7 "random facts" can be found in this post...and then I'll just add 4 new ones.
  • I love roller coasters and hate Ferris wheels.
  • I was a pretty unruly child. I'd swallow my food whole so I could go outside and play sooner. I'd REFUSE to come home when it was time. I'd WORRY my parents sick by running off with the neighborhood boy to the local park. No wonder my son is so strong-willed.
  • I bugged my parents about buying name brands growing up. My immigrant parents (rightly) never did because they believed spending lots of money on clothes and shoes was NOT the best use of our limited income. When I finally got a first Wilson sweatshirt (I know, it's not like Nike or anything) and realized that no one at school even cared, I never bugged my parents about name brands again. How silly I was!
  • One day, I hope to be on Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, and Amazing Race. Price is Right has a special place in my heart because I used to watch it with my dad when I didn't have college classes in the morning. At night, the family would watch Wheel of Fortune together. My dad loved to say (in Chinese), "Vanna sure is getting old." Haha. Amazing Race seems like it'd be a step-out-of-my-comfort-zone kind of experience without all the gross-eating like in Fear Factor.
SECOND, I'm supposed to answer the 11 questions posted by my tagger. Here they are:




THIRD, I'm supposed to pose 11 questions for taggees to answer.
  1. What is your nickname?
  2. What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
  3. What is your "perfect Sunday afternoon"?
  4. What is your dream vacation spot?
  5. Meat or vegetables?
  6. Do you like sashimi?
  7. Run, bike, swim, or all three?
  8. Morning person or night owl?
  9. Laptop or desktop?
  10. Dog or cat?
  11. What would you do if you won the lottery?
LASTLY, I'm supposed to legitimately tag 11 people to post 11 random facts, answer my 11 questions, and then they're supposed to pose 11 questions.

Since I kinda already tagged my sidebar-residents in this post, I'm going to tag some readers, who may or may not have blogs.

TAGGING:
Share your answers and questions in the comments, and I'll share some of your responses in another post, if that's ok :).

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Friday Fun: tag, you're it

15 comments:

  1. awww loved getting to know you just a little bit better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute post. love all the little details of your childhood. some are very similar to mine. i really hoped one day that i could be on the price is right... and when i entered middle school... omg, i begged my parents for brand name stuff. it was mostly keds, esprit, guess, calvin klein, lol!

    hope you have a great wknd!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, holiday J is ADORABLE!!!!! Love how you answered your favorites -so creative! I'd also love to be on a game show someday but have a feeling I'd freeze on it rather than rock it like I do at home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun for a Friday before a Holiday.. and to prove I read your blog every posting!

    Random Facts
    1. I love my life.
    2. Parenting is way harder then I thought it'd be.
    3. I've had one boyfriend/relationship in my life.
    4. I always said I'd probably meet my husband at work. I did. See number 3. I married him.
    5. I spend way too much money on my daughter and her clothing. She has a full closet. As in I can't move the clothes on the rack full.
    6. I love my iPhone. I can't live without it.
    7. I miss baths and naps. Now it's a shower and maybe close my eyes while making dinner and standing?
    8. I need to go to the gym or do some type of physical activity these days.
    9. I wish it was 330 so I could start my weekend.
    10 We watch "the Wheel" every night so Juliet can learn to spell!

    Answers to the questions


    1. I guess the college boys always called me Fuller... but that doesn't really apply now. (they still call me that anyway)
    2. JEM
    3. Spending time with a well behaved little girl at the mall while I shop. Or a long nap.
    4. At this point.... Disney. I can't wait to take Juliet.
    5. Meat. Chicken to be exact.
    6. Nope.
    7. At this point none but if I had to chose one it'd be swim.
    8. Neither. I hit my peak around 10 and start to crash hard around 3 with a pick up around 5.
    9. Mac Book.
    10. None
    11. Pay off my bills, my parents bills and make sure Juliet could go to college paid.

    Questions
    1 What do you want to be when you grow up?
    2. What did you think you wanted to do when you were a kid?
    3. How many kids do you want to have?
    4. Favorite food?
    5 Favorite toy as an adult? (which I edited from favorite Adult toy which is a whole different meaning ;) )
    6. Favorite toy as a kid?
    7. Dream Car?
    8. Favorite trait of your spouse?
    9. Favorite class in college?
    10. Favorite vacation ever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe super cute and i love reading these!!! I use to love watch wheel of fortune, price is right too!!

    have a great memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I loved your little tidbit about the Wilson sweatshirt. I used to beg my parents to buy us (me and my sister) Champion sweatshirts back in the day. Thinking back, I now wonder if they were ever actually "cool" to anyone else? Or was it just us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a great post! Similarly to you, my Mom would always comment on either Vanna's dress or that yes she was starting to show some age. Enjoy your wknd Lisa! I love roller coasters and hate ferris wheels (too slow).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to be on Wheel of Fortune too. I looked up the rules and you have to pay your own way to audition and you don't automatically get picked for the show. Boo! But I think my husband and I would do great in the team ones. I'm always the one to say most of it and he can finish it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow .. this is the first time I have ever been tagged .. well, it’s Friday, so why not~

    Random Facts:
    1. I enjoy reading about other people.
    2. I hate telling people about myself.
    3. I thought being a dad was going to be easy.
    4. I tell everyone I hate Facebook, and will never have an account, but I’m secretly addicted to Facebook and live through my wife’s account, since we have the same friends.
    5. I love sappy movies~ and tear-up watching them~
    6. I love my son, but I wish I also had a daughter~
    7. I tend to use “…” when I type .. and end up having super long thoughts~
    8. I am obsessed with using “~” at the end of sentences! Bad habit~
    9. I love rain, snow and cold weather, and hate sunshine and heat .. yet I live in SoCal!
    10. I can sleep for days … literally!
    11. Even though I stated #2, I’m glad I was tagged~

    Answers:
    1. Sand dollar … don’t ask~
    2. Voltron: Defender of the Universe~
    3. Sleeping in to be woken up at 12:00 by my son with lunch in bed! … then spending the rest of the afternoon playing~
    4. Alaska!!
    5. Meat
    6. Yes
    7. Swim
    8. Night Owl
    9. Desktop
    10. Dog
    11. Not tell you~ =P

    Questions:
    1. Shoes, Heels or Sandals?
    2. PC or Mac?
    3. Rain or Shine?
    4. Analog or Digital?
    5. Are you afraid of the dark?
    6. One thing you can’t live without?
    7. What do you think about before you goto bed?
    8. What would be one thing you would change about your significant other?
    9. Do you believe in karma?
    10. Ice cream in a cone or cup?
    11. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything?

    That was harder than I thought it would be, but had a blast doing it~ … Have a great long weekend! Read you on Tuesday … yeah for Memorial Day~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl! Thanks for doing this post. :)
    It's a beast, I know. But still fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, Lisa. I had to redo this. Here we go for real this time!

    Random Facts

    1. I am an identical twin.
    2. When I was a pre-teen my favorite color was purple because it was Jessica’s favorite color in the Sweet Valley Twins books. In reality, I hated the color. I just wanted to be like Jessica! lol
    3. I have hiked the Appalachian Trail.
    4. I have been to China twice.
    5. I met my husband in a state neither of us were living in at the time but were both visiting our own friends one weekend. Turned out we lived 5 minutes from each other!
    6. I’m named after my maternal grandma.
    7. I’m always forgetting my passwords to online ccounts.
    8. I love to sew clothes, especially for my daughter.
    9. I hate snakes….really. Ick.
    10. I can’t stand when people chew food or gum with their mouths open.
    11. I love homeschooling my children.


    Answers:
    1. Eva Schmeeva- affectionately called by my roommates in grad school.
    2. I didn't really watch cartoons but I guess I regularly watched Muppet Babies
    3. Boating on the river with my family
    4. Somewhere in the South Pacific
    5. Meat
    6. No
    7. Run
    8. I've been both. Lately a nightowl.
    9. Desktop
    10. Dog
    11. Save most of it. Really, I'm a saver. And then support non-profit groups who work with orphans.

    Questions:
    1. Pepsi or Coke?
    2. Do you like thunderstorms?
    3. Have you every traveled overseas?
    4. How many times a day do you brush your teeth?
    5. Do you color your hair?
    6. Coffee or tea?
    7. What's your biggest pet peeve?
    8. Where is your favorite place to people watch?
    9. What's your favorite season of the year?
    10. What's your favorite reality TV show?
    11. Have you ever been on television?

    Phew! I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost would make you hate the number 11 LOL. I am glad you got to do it, I learned a lot about you. My husband loves peanut m&m's and I totally understand your splurge!

    Oh, and I drove my parents nuts over name brands in High School too, sometimes it takes a little bit to figure things out, you were quicker than me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the late reply, here are my answers. Thanks for the tag! had fun reading through the rest too haha

    1. What is your nickname? Chubby, Chubbinity (by hubby)
    2. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Care Bears
    3. What is your "perfect Sunday afternoon"? Sleeping
    4. What is your dream vacation spot? Currently Paris
    5. Meat or vegetables? Meat
    6. Do you like sashimi? Oh yes!
    7. Run, bike, swim, or all three? Swim.. I can't run or bike haha
    8. Morning person or night owl? Night owl
    9. Laptop or desktop? Desktop
    10. Dog or cat? Dog
    11. What would you do if you won the lottery? Travel

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...