Thursday, May 31, 2012

Melt my heart

Usually at the end of each month, I do a month-in-review and reader appreciation post. But I'll save that for a bit later because...

...my son melted my heart twice yesterday.

He's been at home, sick, and when hubby handed our 22-mo (J) the phone yesterday afternoon, J actually said, "Hi Mommy!" He never greets anyone on the phone, so I felt extra special. Cue heart melt.

After dinner yesterday, he melted my heart again. J loves to spin around, especially when I hum a slow version of the chicken dance. When the song ends, J stops, and says, "Diiiiiizzzzzy." Here's where the second heart-melting of the day happens: After a dizzy spell, J grabs my finger and wants to spin with me. OUR FIRST DANCE! I almost cried. Cue heart melt into puddle on the floor.

Smile
Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 400 | f/3.5 | 1/200 sec
This is, by far, my favorite photo of J taken so far this year

Share a heart-melting moment in the comments!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Melt my heart

14 comments:

  1. awwwwww TOOO cute!!! marvin and i both had tough days yesterday at work but when we came home austin was EXTRA giggly and it just made everything seem totally unimportant compared to our happy little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's really REALLY CUTE! I'm sure you'll remember this first dance when you're doing the mother-son dance on J's wedding day!

    Baby C has been making my heart melt lately with his new thing -- he lays his head down to the side and rests on my lap in the middle of playing. Just for like 20 seconds, and then he gets up and resumes play, but it makes my heart melt every time! I love that he's initiating cuddle time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, this is so heartwarming, l. moments like this is what makes motherhood so rewarding. :)

    i have the worst memory.... so i can only share what happened recently. adam came home from school and said his heart overflows with love, and that he loves me "infinity." and then he went to the study and spent like a good half an hour there. when i called him, he came down, and made a "bug-killer" out of post its for me. he said, "i know you've been trying to catch some flies in the house. here, mom. you can use this... " :D (i'll post a pic on FB later... lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sick boys are absolutely precious ... and it looks like J is melting your heart in ways that have nothing to do with him being sick. Hope he's feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious day with your beautiful boy. I'm glad he's feeling good, and that he wanted his mommy for the first dance of his life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any heart melting moments with kids just yet, but I do love your stories, especially your first dance with J. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww .. so cute~ T melts my heart everyday when he runs to me with his arms stretched out when I come home from work~ So cute~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that moment too! Except I pick up my son at daycare :) and he runs to me

      Delete
  8. Your son is just adorable!!!! I love the things he says, how he acts, and he really is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cute :) I have had a lot of heart melting moments along the way and two heart swelling ones too! When my oldest graduated from college and my youngest graduated from High school,they happened within weeks of each other and I thought my heart would bust!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! That is too precious! I love reading your stories about J. He is about 4 months older then Baby C, so your stories always give me something to look forward too. :) A few weeks ago, I was wondering if Baby C knew what love was. I said to her, "I love you!" And then, she blew me a kiss. My heart melted too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute, sick but still wants a dance with Mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, you made me teary too! Congratulations on your first dance momma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, such precious moments!! Makes all of the challenges of motherhood melt away :) My current favorites are random hugs + "I love you, Mommy" and messy, food-smeared baby faces from attempts at self-feeding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...