Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Fun

One morning, I was trying to change our 21-mo (J) out of his PJs. He wants nothing to do with that, by the way. He rolls around on our bed in his bodysuit, chubby legs exposed. He grabs his ankles and falls backward into our fluffy comforter. He crawls away and hides underneath the covers. At times, I get annoyed because he's taking so long, but that morning, I appreciated how big our son is getting, but also how small he is at the same time. Soon those chubby legs will be replaced by lean muscle. Soon he'll be dressing himself. Soon he'll be waiting for the school bus. I better cherish these moments, even if that means we leave the house 15-20 min later.

Anyways, I remember when the PJ pants shown below pooled at J's feet. Now, notice how they grace the floor. Lengthening, no? Hehe. That's for you fashionistas out there.

Bright
Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 400 | f/3.2 | 1/125 sec

Bright
Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 400 | f/3.2 | 1/125 sec

Untitled
Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 100 | f/3.2 | 1/125 sec | SpeedLite 380EX

Photo note: I'm not sure why I decided to switch the SpeedLite on for the last shot. But since I did, I turned the ISO from 400 down to 100.

It's amazing how J can find a window shade so interesting.

This is how we spend our weekends -- extra time in PJs, playing with every toy or "toy" in the house, taking a walk if the weather is ok, and hoping he'll nap for at least an hour. This weekend, we've got potluck with our church group, church, and then a new tradition -- having Sunday lunch at Corner Bakery. My go-to sandwich is the Poblano Fresco on Poblano Cheese Bread: roasted red peppers, avocado, jicama slaw, and spicy chipotle lime mayo -- mmmmm. Our favorite part of going to Corner Bakery is taking the corner table, which has a huge wrap-around booth which we allow J to sit and walk around on. Definitely much more fun than a high chair!

Plans this weekend?
Favorite meal at favorite restaurant?
Mother's Day plans?
Have a great weekend!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Friday Fun

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely cherish these moments. I was just looking through some photos last night from when C was 4-5 months old, and couldn't believe how different he looks now, just a couple months later. They grow up and change so quickly. Makes my heart sink a little just thinking about it. Every time I'm yearning for C's nap time to arrive, I'm going to try to remember to really savor all of these moments. Your post is a good reminder so thank you for that. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been one to complain about taking a little extra time with my son. As you so smartly state, these opportunities won't be around forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, his pants flare just right! Happy Mother's Day weekend to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy do I miss my older two girls' chubby legs... I have one left...lol... It goes by so quickly, and yet every stage is as good as the last one so far! Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and that last pic of your son is so cute with his tongue halfway out! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day! I'm not sure what we have planned. It's supposed to rain all weekend. Maybe we'll go out to breakfast. We still have to finish painting to get the condo ready to rent out. I can't wait until this painting is over with. It sure does take a lot longer with a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean. No matter how much T annoys or frustrates his mum and me ... he'll do something as simple as giving us a goofy smile or laugh and we forget about everything and try to cherish the little time he has left as a toddler because everyday we see him, he's getting bigger and becoming our lil man. *sigh* Anyways, Happy Mother's Day and have a blast at the Corner Bakery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henry! I hope you receive my response, since your email isn't listed in your Blogger profile. Thanks for visiting and leaving comments! It's so nice to meet you! Isn't it adorable that our kids can just be so cute and we forget everything? Wish adults were like that! I know, the toddler years sure will fly by, we should enjoy them! Thanks for the Mother's Day wish. I DID enjoy the Corner Bakery!!!

      Delete
  8. He is adorable! And yes, it goes so quickly! Our oldest turns 16 next month and he already acts more like an adult than a kid (though he always did!) No real plans yet for Mother's day, church for sure, and probably a meal that I don't have to make:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand the rushing to get there and living life, we all do it and that is ok and then sometimes we take a moment and breathe too :)
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day with that cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kids find everything interesting. my kids went through a phase when they repetitiously pulled up and down the shades.

    haha, those pjs are a perfect fit now. i, too, remember the days when clothes are big on my kids.... and realize how big they've grown.

    these photos of little j are precious. :)

    just came from adam's t-ball, but planning on taking my MIL to the mall so she can pick something out for mom's day. :D my fave summer meals are a good burger, fries.... and a refreshing summer salad... like a carrot raisin crunch salad or a broc salad. since i'm not a good cook, i just buy them at the deli dept, lol.

    have a great wknd!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cherish every moment you can. I miss my baby being a chubby little innocent. Now she's almost 6 and turning into quite the little lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...