Monday, June 18, 2012

What we've been up to

Hope everyone had great weekend! Our son's daycare was closed on Friday for in-service in preparation for the "summer program" to start on Monday. Unfortunately, he didn't get to fully enjoy it because he had an ear infection :(. He hasn't had one since he was an infant. Thankfully, he doesn't need ear drops like he did as an infant, just antibiotics by mouth.

We had planned to visit a local waterpark, but scratched that idea since our son was sick. Instead, we lazied around the house. And when you're sick, you don't want to play. You don't want to think. You just want to watch wee-deos (i.e., videos).


My sister visited on Saturday, so we decided it was time to get out of the house. My sister was so funny because she didn't quite hold her hand out right, so lil J was readjusting his grip the first few minutes. You know what I'm talking about?


J seemed the most irritable on Sunday -- fever, rash, still the ear infection -- but found some relief in saltines at our weekly Sunday lunch date at Corner Bakery Café. Then he had a cantaloupe and was cranky again. It's been a roller coaster of emotions for this lil boy this weekend! I wish he could just tell us what hurt him most -- ear, teething, what? I really hope he gets better soon.



Hubby said he wanted to start another weekly tradition -- go grocery shopping together after Sunday's lunch. I have been avoiding taking J to the grocery store because I didn't want to deal with tantrums, almost certain they're bound to happen there. But hubby wanted to teach him the grocery-shopping process, and show him that it didn't have to end in a tantrum. So here's J pushing a tiny "customer in training" shopping cart. Yep, he's got groceries in there! Lucky for us, J got in line with us when it was time to pay, put his cart away, and even got in the car without tantrum. Whew! Happy Father's Day! Hehe.


How was your weekend?

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
Feel free to leave critiques on my blog or photos!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - What we've been up to

12 comments:

  1. kayla was plagued by ear infections from when she was a baby and got tubes put in her ears at 2yrs old. since then, nothing! it was quite a relief and her speech improved 100% because she could suddenly hear. the ENT said that the fluid build-up makes it hard for them to hear; as though you're underwater hearing noises from the outside.

    and kayla also LOVEs those little shopping carts. we have them at our local grocery store and she always asks if we're going to the store "with the cute little carts". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big believer in kids going grocery shopping as early on in life as possible. Though... I do hate going to the supermarket and being bombarded by screaming kids! I'll understand when I get one. Must have been proud of your little one managing it without one tantrum! Very well done. I was no where near as good when I was little ;)

    My weekend was partly work filled and a little big of filmage. Boring, but eh, it'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer J wasn't feeling well this weekend. Gavin has had a few ear infections, but we never used ear drops for him - only antibiotics. I wonder if J's infections are worse than normal or whether your pediatrician has a different approach. You've got me thinking. =) I also love the little shopping cart for J - definitely distracting enough to allow the adults to get their shopping done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope J is feeling better soon. Poor boy. He does look like quite the shopper though! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think starting with that tiny shopping cart will definitely help when taking him grocery shopping in the future. I don't see any tantrums in your future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor little guy.... it's the worst when our little ones are sick.... he is a trooper indeed, and love getting to see what you're up to before you do posts. :)

    hugs to little j, and have a fab wk!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww poor J! hope the little guy is feeling better soon! by the way, lazy weekends of nothingness are my favorite kinds of weekends ever. i think i like them more than weekend getaways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your store has shopper in training carts. How cute is that? I'm so sorry about J not feeling well. I wrote a post a while back about natural ways of healing if you want to check out some of the suggestions for his ear infection. I hope he feels better soon! http://sweettinyblessings.blogspot.com/2012/01/sharing-shaklee-week-8-medicine-cabinet.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA that mini cart was my mother's nightmare at the grocery store. my brother wanted to push that thing and would want to reach for whatever to put into that cart. My dad didn't know once she he put all the contents on the belt...we got home and my didn't recognize a bunch of items!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute with his customer in training cart. That may be the perfect thing to keep the tantrums at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww .. poor lil boy~ Hope he gets better soon~ It's really hard as a parent when your todler can't tell you what's bothering them .. makes you feel so helpless~ I think that's the worst feeling in the world!

    Such a cute shopping cart!! I've never seen that before~ Wish they had something like that at our grocery stores~ I think Tyler would get a kick out of pushing his own cart around!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is a shame Little J was feeling sick all weekend, that always stinks, he still looked adorable with his little cart :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...