Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7: Hopefully it's a short-lived stomach virus

For those with a weak stomach, feel free to click-away from this post ;).

J, my 17-month old, threw up twice yesterday -- once on the way to daycare. Great, now we're never going to get that smell out! So I cleaned him up when we got to daycare -- changed his clothes, gave his jacket a rinse in the sink -- meanwhile, one of the teachers whispers to me There's a stomach virus going around. Yesterday, so-and-so had diarrhea...so I'm just telling you...we'll call you if anything happens.  

GREAT! Right after J gets over his sinus infection, another illness comes right along to take its place. I just knew that I'd be receiving a phone call from daycare later that day. I did.

I spent the rest of the day slowly giving J water, which he threw up half hour later. I also gave him yogurt, which he threw up an hour later. And that night, he threw up again. It's a good thing we have a good supply of sheets and SleepSacks.

Luckily, he seems to be doing better this morning. He's keeping down milk, water, Cheerios, rice and potatotes. He's napping right now, and I'm hoping he doesn't throw up and we can all get some rest! I mean, look at this face! I wish I looked this good with a stomach virus. I feel a bit queasy, but I was sure to wash my hands a lot yesterday and today so hopefully I stay well.

via Instagr.am (lisacng)






Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...