Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6: Life-lessons from Dr. Seuss

The only Dr. Seuss book I've really read is probably Green Eggs and Sam.

I will not eat them in boat. I will not eat them with a goat.
I will not eat them here nor there. I will not eat them anywhere.
I will not eat green eggs and ham. I will not eat them, Sam I am.

Ok, so I may have made up paraphrased…

Anyways, we were at a local church's yard sale and picked up J's first Dr. Seuss book and it wasn't Green Eggs and Ham. Wah wah wa.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! 

Have you read it? I was surprised by the poignant lessons in it...


that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you...
Except when they {referring to good things} don't. Because, sometimes they won't

What a great book! It teaches that yes, the "world is your oyster" but sometimes it won't give you pearls. And that's ok because...

 Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

If this book makes it through J's childhood, meaning it's not ripped to shreds, I'm going give it to him for his high school graduation...not that I'm thinking about that day already now or anything.

Any lessons in children's books you were surprised to find?

Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...