Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 : The answer to "what's that smell?" is "I have an 18-month-old"

They say that the sense of smell is heightened in pregnant women, which is why some of them are constantly fighting their gag reflex. Lucky me, my sense of smell is heightened all the time! It must be because I have impeccable taste (*cue cheesy drum roll*) (if you don't get my joke, too bad, I made myself ROLF anyways *wink*).

Back to the question that'll forever be asked (whether out-loud or silently) of passengers in my car...
What is that smell?

Now, I can't blame it entirely on J -- my almost 18-month-old -- because it's not his fault. He was sick. But it only takes one "situation" for that smell to forever impregnate the interior of a car. No matter how hard you try, you're going to miss a spot on the carpet, upholstery, and/or car seat (seriously, how many nooks and crannies are in this thing? I really don't want to make my husband uninstall it and take it apart to clean it).

So, currently, my car smells like:


Lysol dual-action wipes | Resolve carpet cleaner | Febreze
Plus, I believe, oatmeal, milk and goldfish crackers

By the way, the Lysol dual-action wipes were great because one side of the wipes is rough (has "teeth"), which was good for trying to dig out what's encrusted into the nooks and crannies of the carseat's safety belt. Gosh, why can't they be smooth, like the belts they use in cars? Is there another industry for making child safety belts/harnesses? Did they all decide that the belts have to be grooved and thus harder to clean? Thanks so much!

Anyways, even though I'll be knocked senseless every morning by the mixture of smells, because of my impeccable sense of taste *wink*, I'll get used to it within a minute. Isn't the nose/brain both amazing and kinda easily fooled?



Making a paste of baking soda and water 
is too many steps, even if it'd help. So...
Please only share your easy suggestions 
for getting that smell out of my car ;).

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...