Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3: Life lessons from my toddler

Parents.com talks about 8 life lessons we parents can learn from our toddlers. Below are the 5 that resonated with me, and one more I'm learning right now.

1. Have patience -- don't give up!

The most memorable success in the behavior department is stopping J from throwing food on the floor. We repeated, repeated, repeated, and it finally sunk in though he does regress from time to time. We're still having trouble getting him in the carseat though, and I'm (and others are) still open to advice/suggestions from you!

2 and 3. Imperfection is ok & always have perspective.

I've already come to accept that the house won't be perfectly clean or organized though there are some messes that my husband and I just have to clean up!

4. Don't judge other parents.

Come on, confess, wasn't this so easy to do when you didn't have children? I won't do that when I have kids. Check out what Crappy Pictures has to say about this. Well, I don't think I've judged others' parenting styles when it comes to children, but sure have when it comes to dogs! Haha!

5. Always set a good example.

I have to be careful of this one, considering J's going to start imitating everything we do and say pretty soon. Especially not to lose my temper.

And this one I've added...
9. Sometimes Most of the time, my toddler knows what he needs right now.

J's been sick with a sinus infection. His appetite is poor (or is it he's pickier now?!) but he sleeps great -- 3 hrs in the afternoon, sleeps past 7am though he's been waking up in the middle of the night, boo! Naturally, I'm concerned that he's not eating enough and that he's sleeping too much as if any parent should be complaining about this, right? But what I'm learning from J is that he knows what he needs right now and that's more sleep, less eat so you can chill out, Mom!


Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...