Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!

In this New Year of 2012, I'll be joining L in her adventure of building our virtual home - expandng.com. For those who don't know me, I am L's significant other, commonly referred as "A" (Yes I am just "A", like in the movie Men In Black, just the first letter), and if you have been following L's blog in these past few years, you're in for a treat, because I am officially invading this "woman's cave" and gonna give this place some masculinity. "Muah-hahahahaha"

Silliness aside, coming back to work after the New Year always consist of a bunch of chit-chat with the co-workers about how your holiday went. This great conversation starter always starts with "Hey! How's the holiday, did you have a good break?"

Though this year whenever I get asked this question I actually had a new, mixed feelings. See, before we had J, my response is always "Oh it was fantastic, we got together with the family, saw some friends, ate like a pig and sleep till 10am everyday." And now with the little one, things had dramatically changed. We wake up early for J, and better yet, he's keeping us on our toes for the remainder of the day and we became his entertainment, so it was actually quite stressful. This usually involves reading his favorite Mother Goose book 10 billion times or playing that same music tune from one of his toys.

Then the inevitable question came to mind - Am I a bad parent? Why aren't I "enjoying" this? To be honest, as a new parent I just came to learn about this new feeling (yes, men have feeelings ladies! We just too cool to admit it) It is the fact that being a parent is a bittersweet thing. It has now gives me new insight when people say "I really enjoy watching my son/daughter grow".

See before I was a parent, that statement was simply what it states - watching his/her kid grow and changes. How fascinating, right? Now I am a parent, that statement actually starts to click with me. Watching your son/daughter grow is actually the fruit of the labor. In reality, this fruit actually takes A LOT of hard work and it involves many sleepless nights, stress, tears...etc. Ultimately, you help shape and mold your child and it will take work and dedication.

So, I guess my "enjoyment" for holidays has been redefined. I am thankful that it gave us an opportunity to spend more time with J and caught a glimpse of what our fruit will turn out to be. I should also thank J for helping us learned a lot about our strength and weakness, and teaching us patiences and perseverance.

Anyway, one day when you're able to read this blog J, just know this - Mommy and Daddy loves you, always.

Happy 2012 everyone!

Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...