Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13: Goin' shoppin'

I recently tweeted how awesome it'd be if my hubby and I both had off of work, but our daycare was still open. He said he'd play WOW and I'd go shopping. Don't judge us! We love spending time with our awesome boy, but sometimes Mom and Dad need a day off! Can I get an "amen"?

Well, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is coming up, and lo-and-behold, our daycare is actually open! I'm surprised considering they have in-service days, half-days for Parent-Teacher Conferences, two weeks off for Winter Break, and a week off for Spring Break...but that's my only complaint because otherwise I love them!

So, as promised in my tweet (follow me on Twitter), I'm goin' shopping!

I am currently obsessed with cable knit sweaters and gingham as worn by Extra Petite, Alterations Needed, Petite Little Girl.


J. Crew Honeycomb cable sweater | Gap Gingham Shirt | Gap 1969 Lightweight Real Straight Jeans


Other options are:

What would you do with a day all to yourself?



Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

10 comments:

  1. love the simplicity of this outfit. so effortless, but very chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably spend it getting caught up on homework and housework. Yeah, I know that sucks. This is the life of a college student...
    But if my homework & housework were done I'd ... sew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta do what ya gotta do! Hey, some days are "laundry" days for me but monday is shopping day!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I can't even imagine a whole day... I might just find myself sitting. Its so rare that I get to sit without someone touching me.

    Although, shopping would be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it'd really only be for half a day, but still, yea, I gotta plan something to do otherwise I'd totally just sit around too! Haha about the touching...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the hookup to the petite sites! (I'm 5'1"). I always wished JCrew would carry petites in their stores especially in Hawaii because so many of us are on the shorter side.

    I also find Ambercrombie and Fitch pieces are cut shorter and smaller, they have lots of sweaters too so you might like theirs. I've gained weight recently so can't get away with it right now but when I'm thinner I've also bought polo brand cableknits from the boys dept of Macys. Nothing with hand pockets though (they look freaklishly small).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I probably can't get away with A&F...even before I had my baby.

      Those petites are some of my favorites! And Wendy's Lookbook is awesome too! She's more on the "fashion" side but still great nonetheless! Her pix and vids are really sharp! TKS for reading. Look forward to reading more of your blog too! Hawaii -- sounds dreamy. Oh, and a lot of petites buy online b/c sizes aren't available in stores. Guess you just have to deal with shipping costs when applicable. Or we could all keep bugging JCrew to sell petites in stores!

      Delete
  5. Oh! One more thing...Do you ever check out Wendy's Lookbook (blog and youtube channel)? I'm not sure how tall she is but she looks petite and has great style and a sweet personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Monday sounds like an absolute dream. If I had a day all to myself, I'd definitely indulge in a full day of retail therapy...maybe even at the outlets! Have fun and can't wait to see/hear about what you find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outlets would be even better, but they're just a bit far from me. Hopefully I come with something. I hate it when I have an idea of what to buy, and then come home with nothing...

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...