Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11: Boost your readership some more!

Last November (2011), I participated in blogroll for the event, and I received an all-time high of 146 pageviews! That may not sound like a lot, but hey, it was only like in the "tens" before, so 146 was a big deal for me!

So that's my first word of advice to boost your readership beyond posting RSS and email subscription links to your blog. Post your blog to other sites like BlogHer (for women), which gets many more pageviews that me! BlogHer agrees, by the way! Post your January posts on BlogHer now (which I need to remember to do too!)


After you've boosted your presence, be sure to post to social networking sites. Like I said in my last post, you can automatically tweet your posts and post them to Facebook (or do it "manually" like I do). When you tweet, be sure to add hashtags to your tweet so that people can search that hastag (or aka category) and hopefully find your blog!

Another great way to make your presence known is to read other blogs, perhaps those that blog about similar issues (or not), and build relationships with them! Follow them on Google Friend Connect, Twitter, Facebook, and whatever they're using! Then, read their posts and comment -- interact! It's always fun to meet new people who have similar interests to you. I used to scoff at online dating but look at me now, I'm online friending!

Lastly, a great gadget/widget to add to your site is from Link Within. At the bottom of all my posts, you'll see thumbnails of posts "You might also like:" -- that widget was created by Link Within. They have widgets for Blogger, TypePad, and WordPress (self-hosted). The "Other" option may just give you code that you have to insert somewhere. Glad I have Blogger! Anyways, the Link Within widget encourages readers to click through older posts that they may otherwise not have clicked to using your "archives", "labels/tags", or search engine.


In summary, to increase your readership, my advice was:
  1. Cross-post to sites like BlogHer.
  2. Utilize social networking! Post to Twitter and use hastags! Post to Facebook and include a thumbnail. People love visuals!
  3. Read others' blogs and interact with them!
  4. Install Link Within on your site to encourage people to click to other posts. Hopefully they'll want to subscribe and interact with you!
Again, hopefully this helps and hopefully you'll boost your readership and help boost mine! Happy blogging!



Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No problem! Though you got plenty of followers ;) You don't need this advice :P

      Delete
    2. Just came across your blog. You are helping me tremendously!! Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...