Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 15: The Asian squat


Last week, on my photography blog capturng.com, I posted a photo of J and titled it "Asian squat". What is the Asian squat, you ask? It's when you can squat with both feet flat on the ground and hold that position for hours at a time. Yea, I said hours. Both images of my boy, J, were taken as part of a 366-photo project at my photography blog, capturng.com. I'm also posting images to Flickr, if you have an account. He's a really good Asian-squatter, isn't he? And I was worried about his development! I mean, and I was not worried about his development *wink*!

I rummaged through some old family photos to see if any one else in our family is a good Asian-squatter. I only found one. I was sure I'd find some Taiwanese cousins, but I must have left those pictures with my mom.

I'm on the left, and my sister's on the right. She's not doing a very good job though. See her knee touching the floor? She's got a lot practicing to do. Plus, look at the spread in those toes! Cheater.


I bet the daycare teachers find the Asian squat very odd. I use it a lot when dropping my son off. It's good for getting down to his level to take his jacket off, put away his things in his cubby, and to receive my farewell hug and kiss. I'm usually pretty balanced, unless I'm wearing a heel. Then maybe I take J down with me as I fall in slow motion. It's ok. We're low to the ground already anyways.

Try the Asian squat. You'll find it very useful!

 
Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...