Friday, April 27, 2012

Dogs & flashes

I can't control the intensity of my SpeedLite 380EX. I bought a diffuser cap for it, but that just spreads the flash around instead of diffusing it. Ergh. I've even secured a piece of white paper over the flash. The effect was lackluster. I fiddled with the "flash exposure" on the camera, but that just dims the photo, not the flash. Ergh. Anyways, my bloggie friend Jen recently agreed that it's hard to get her dogs to stay still for a photo, but even harder because they're afraid of the flash. Luckily, our puppy, Jasper, isn't scared of anything. Not even the flash.

All of these were taken with Canon T1i | Manual | 50mm | ISO 100 | f/3.2 | 1/125 sec | SpeedLite 380EX

I love that his one ear is turned inside out below.

Puppy

Squirrel!

Squirrel

Luckily I was able to capture one photo of Jasper reacting to the flash! He's thinking of a number from 1 to 10...

I am thinking of a number from 1 to 10

I need to start taking more photos of our other dog, Coco. I love you, Coco!

Have a great weekend!

Products mentioned, any purchase results in a small commission for me
(may not appear in RSS readers):

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Dogs & flashes

10 comments:

  1. love that ear flipped out! Great photos of Jasper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... that last one with his eyes shut is so cute! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had similar issues with my external flash and it drives me crazy. So, I upgraded my lens, so now I barely ever use a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am clueless with my camera and it drives my husband nuts. I need to learn, I just click away.

    The doggie is so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're getting really good with the camera, aren't you! You've been taking some spectacular photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA. I love that one flip ear look too. It's so cute!!!! You are lucky that Jasper is not afraid of much. My Sumo girl hates the flash. I think she has sensitive eyes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Your dog is so cute. We have a dog, but when we had a baby, we gave it to my mom. LOL! I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you ever need a dogsitter I'm available! And oh yeah, btw, all that stuff you said about the flash....woosssh...right over my head :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love Jasper!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaw that last picture was just soooo cute! haha! :D Nice blog by the way! :D Cheers from Norway! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...