Monday, April 30, 2012

April in review & readers spotlight

I really can't believe it's the end of April already! I know, I know, I say that at the end of every month ;). It's really exciting to have all of you on my blogging journey! I love seeing readership grow, as well as the number of comments/discussions we can have about parenting, photography, and everything else! Thanks for your support!

Your favorite posts were:
I try to highlight different readers every month, so hopefully no one feels slighted!

When I wrote about my son hitting me, Susan from A Juggling Mom wrote (and shared a post):

When I wrote about saying "no more" to mint ice cream, Discovering the Me in Mommy wrote:

I guess I never thought about mint being an undesired flavor. Of course, it is ice cream, and this was back when J was still eating. Humpf!

This will be the umpteenth time that I mention this, but THANKS for all the comments/advice left on my post on how to get my toddler to eat. See that sage advice right here.

I wonder if Jen from JenKakio ever tried my non-fishy salmon cakes recipe:

And thanks to TalkingThirty who made my day with the following compliments! On my portraits of J taken by the window and on my Mother's Day gift wishlist:

I don't think I'm ready to start a photography business by any means, but I'd be happy to practice by taking photos of you and your family whenever you're in D.C.!

Bloggy things I did in April:
  • Started maintaining only one blog (here) about family and photography interests. Thanks for your feedback and support!
  • Removed Disqus because it was slowing down my site. Sorry all of your comments have "disappeared". Don't worry, when I move to WordPress (sometime in the future), I'll try to get them back!
Places where I've been featured/mentioned:
  • On Lou Lou Loves for my photo of a handholding moment. Technically, this was in March but I didn't post about it then
  • Here's my guest post for PowerLaunch on parenting tips. I realized afterwards that my post title was similar to a funnier post on Lou Lou Loves. Click here for a laugh.
What I'm looking forward to in May:
  • A series of guest posts from bloggers new and veteran -- thanks for the inspiration, Kristin from Mondays with Mac!
  • National Train Day on Saturday, May 12th. J's loves trains. Actually, he loves anything with wheels.
  • Todd Oldham has created a kid's line of crafts for Target. A paint-by-number craft featured on Apartment Therapy is definitely something I want to paint and hang up around the house! My sister and I love paint-by-number growing up! Collection launches Sunday, May 20th.
  • I can't wait to see if J is selected as a finalist for Gap's Casting Call. I submitted 4 photos, and 3 got rejected for an unspecified reason, but I can't tell which one was approved! Anyways, they announce the finalists on Monday, May 21st.
  • Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-28th) -- I love BBQ.
Thanks for reading! 
What are you looking forward to in May?


Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - April in review & readers spotlight

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, thanks for the mention. Glad that I could help in some way. It's all part of parenting, to learn from the experiences of those who have passed those stage that our kids are going through and seeing what works best with our child. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope u or i are a finalist for the gap casting call!! ;) there were SOO many entries haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! We may just take you up on that offer one day, Lisa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super excited and keep us posted on the progress with J and the casting call at Gap :) He is too cute! You've done a lot this month with your blog and I am glad you got rid of disqus. I had it too and it gave me so many problems and spammed a lot of my regular commentators.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good recap!!!! I am looking forward to a couple things same as you ... Memorial Day and the Gap Casting Call :) I am also looking forward to some warmer weather... where are you, Summer?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll really enjoy wordpress, I love it, you can do so much with it. Looking forward to hearing about the Gap casting call! Crossing my fingers & my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great recap! i'm looking forward to may because it's 1 month away from my 4month vacation from work yippee!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...