Friday, April 20, 2012

Grandma's visit

At the end of March, my mom visited us, which is so nice because then we don't have to pack up all of our 20-mo's (J) and dogs' things. Originally, we were going to take her to see the cherry blossoms, but with the warm weather, they bloomed early. And then a few days before she arrived, rain hit the region. That's ok since the real reason she visits is to see her 20-mo grandson (our son, J) ;). Plus, she thought seeing cherry blossoms was the same as cherry picking, so I guess she woulda been disappointed anyways ;).

The weekend she visited was rather chilly, so instead of hanging around outside at the Tidal Basin, we visited the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Apparently, it's one of the 10 largest Catholic churches in the world, and largest in North America.

Ceiling
Stained glass ceiling
Canon T1i | Manual | ISO 1600 | f/3.5 | 1/200 sec

J's favorite part of the church was running up and down the handicap ramp. The hubby said that at the top of the ramp, J would bend down and touch the ramp, just to make sure he knew where it actually started. I had no idea he'd be so careful!

My mom and I were surprised to see a Chinese saint on its walls. The words say "faith, hope, and love to all". My sister commented on how buff Jesus was ;).

Lady of China Upper Church
Canon T1i | Manual | ISO 1600 | f/3.5 | 1/200 sec

Later that weekend, I made asked my family, mom included, to help pack 400 eggs for our church's egg-stravaganza. At first, she wanted to keep all the eggs to herself, but luckily decided to share ;).

Mine Ok, I'll share
Canon T1i | Manual | ISO 800 | f/3.2 | 1/200 sec

My sister gave her a sparkly manicure to match the occasion. I called my mom a tween ;).

Sparkly
Canon T1i | Manual | ISO 800 | f/3.2 | 1/200 sec

And here's Grandma's favorite photo of the weekend -- reading to J.


Isn't it nice to have family and friends visit?

Have a great weekend!

Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond!
-----------------------
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
-----------------------
Originally posted at expandng.com - Grandma's visit

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice visit. How far away does your Mom live? That stained glass ceiling photo is unbelievably beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandparents reading to their grandkids are the absolute best! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when family visits too! It looks like your mom had a great time. I hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! I think having tons of grandparents visits are important. I've literally have seen my mom's parents five times. I'm glad that I got to meet them, but I wish I had more time. I never met my dad's parents, they died way before I was born. I've always felt incomplete. You know what people ask, "who would you like to meet dead or alive?" I always say all of my grandparents. I think that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having a family weekend too. Bubba's godmother is here for the weekend, they get on like a house on fire and I can hear laughter all through the apartment. The best thing! Loved the pic of your mum and J, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sister's comment "What a buff Jesus?!?" Because I totally agree, I mean seriously? Love that your mom went with the sparkly nails and I agree, the best picture her reading with J. That one went straight to the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. J. sits still for stories?? Ohmygosh, my son STILL does not. I think I need to try harder.

    Love the sparkly manicure on your mom and the fact that they had a Chinese saint - too cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...