Wednesday, December 16, 2009

GYN appointment today

So a few surprises during today's annual exam with my new GYNO (who is very nice and explains everything to me). First, I have an inverted uterus (I can't believe it has its own domain), which no other GYNO has told me before...sheesh. What does that mean? It means that it was difficult for the Doc to determine the actual size of my uterus, and thus, pinpoint the due date. Anyways, an inverted uterus shouldn't complicate the pregnancy or childbirth. The Doc ordered an early ultrasound just to check the size of my uterus. My appointment is tomorrow morning.

Second, I have cervical warts (sorry if that's gross). I have never had an abnormal Pap smear, so the Doc suspects that an increase in hormones during pregnancy is to blame. Even if the Pap smear comes back normal, the Doc still wants to perform a colposcopy in two weeks.

So back in the office in two weeks for the colposcopy, to review my ultrasound, and OB panel of blood & urine tests. It will also be my first official OB appointment, and Alan will be there. If everything would have been normal today, the Doc wouldn't have seen my until 4 weeks later.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...