Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 13 - peach

From whattoexpect.com

Our baby is now about 3" from crown to rump, which is about the size of a peach. I have peaches in the refrigerator!

Well, I just got over the NASTIEST headache I've ever had. It started Sunday afternoon and lasted all day Monday. It was a throbbing headache, like my head was being squeezed between two plates. So awful! On Monday afternoon, I just couldn't take the pain anymore and took 500 mg of acetaminophen (or Tylenol), which is completely safe during pregnancy. But other kinds of headache medicines, like ibuprofen and aspirin, are not safe. I felt much better overnight, and feel about 99% this morning!

Headaches are pretty common during pregnancy because of the increase in hormones. But I should also watch my diet and sleep patterns. I remember sleeping weird both Saturday and Sunday night. And Alan joked that I was going through rice withdrawal (we ate mostly salty, Western cuisine last week). So yesterday Alan made congee and chicken soup, with no salt, so we could both purge our bodies of excess salt.

I think I might have also been going through milk tea withdrawal - those instant milk tea powders made by Lipton. Anyways, I'm glad my head doesn't hurt anymore, and I'll be more careful now.


From abclocal.go.com

On a side note, J&J made a huge recall of Tylenol. There was a moldy smell coming from the bottles that made people sick. So, that's why I took plain old acetaminophen and not Tylenol. If Tylenol is basically the same thing as acetaminophen, why don't people just buy the generic stuff and save some money? Guess people are just comfortable with the brand name.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...