Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Boy or Girl?

Just to clarify, we'd be happy either way, but here are what some "tests" are saying about it...

Ancient Chinese Pregnancy Calendar: Based on age of mother and month when baby conceived - GIRL.

Parents.com quiz (this one's a bit personal!): It's a toss-up. This is what they say: A husband's tight undies, plus a mother's penchant for chocolate, vegetables, and lots of midday sex are all reputed to encourage a bouncing baby girl. Another mythical tip-off is carrying baby high in your belly. A boy is believed to be more likely if you're carrying baby low in your belly, your husband prefers loose boxers, and you have a penchant for salty snacks, meat, and worrying during sex. So the answers on my quiz were mixed.


Parents.com, Old Wives' Tales:
  • Sleep position: I sleep on my right, so I'm having a GIRL.
  • Upset stomach: I am having BOY because I don't feel nauseous.
  • Soft or dry hands: My hands are more soft than dry, so I'm having a GIRL.
  • Food cravings: I am craving citrus - love those clementines, so I'm having a GIRL.
  • Adult acne: I haven't broken out, so I'm having a BOY.
  • Graceful or clumsy: I think I'm pretty non-clumsy (though far from graceful), so I'm having a GIRL.
  • Face weight gain: Has my face gotten fuller? Probably too soon to tell. A plump face means a girl.
  • Sugar/Salt cravings: I love my salty foods (though I have to keep it under control), so I'm having a BOY.
  • Mood changes: Definitely have those! so I'm having a GIRL.
  • High or low belly: Too soon to tell, but a high belly means a girl.
  • Baby weight: I think my weight is developing all around, so I'm having a GIRL.
  • Pendulum test: This sounds creepy, so I'm not going to try it. (By the way, a circling pendulum above your palm means a girl.)
  • Model your hands: Show them up, and it's a girl....wait, isn't this a test for something else too?
  • Toddler advice: If a boy is interested in your belly, it's a girl. Otherwise, it's a boy. Now that's funny!
  • Eat garlic: If your pores smell like garlic after eating it, then you are having a boy. Otherwise, it's a girl. I ate a lot of garlic this past weekend during hot pot, but wasn't paying too much attention to my pores...
  • Keys: I usually pick them up by the long end, just because my key fob is built like that, so I'm having a GIRL.
  • Even and odd: If both your age (28) and year of conception (2008) are even or odd, it's a GIRL.
  • Baby's heartbeat: Our baby's heartbeat is greater than 150 bpm, so I'm having a GIRL. (She's beating at 170!)
  • Stress test: The baby tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception. I think we were both excited!
  • Dream meanings: You actually have the opposite of what you dream of! I haven't had any baby dreams yet.
  • Breast size: If your right is larger than your left, it's a girl. Um...too personal to share...
The verdict is....no verdict! Hahaha...it's 50/50!

    1 comment:

    1. Ha! You had lots of pink of this page didn't you! Mother Nature, you never know...

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...