Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sciatic nerve

Know what the sciatic nerve is? I didn't....before I went to the doctor's last Saturday.

On a side note, after I learned what the sciatic nerve is, it came up on an episode of Friends (Season 4). I am holding mini-marathons of Friends with my newly received entire-series-on-DVD-set from Alan. Anyways, Phoebe has a crush on this massage client. One day, he asks her to work on his "sciatic area" because it's been giving him pain. Before, I wouldn't have even heard the word "sciatic" in the line, but that day, I did. It turned out to be the "part beneath the towel" - aka, his butt. Anyways...back to what I found out at the doctor's...
From WebMD:

I was having this pinching pain in the middle of my "sciatic area" for about a week - only on one side though. The doctor made sure the pain hadn't spread to my back or legs. On my back, she rolled my hips side to side, and lo and behold, the pain was only on one side. So...nothing to worry about. It's probably pregnancy-related as the weight in my body both increases and shifts. She said that if it kept bothering me, I could take Tylenol and see a chiropractor. But these last few days, I haven't really noticed it. Yay!

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...