Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas the night before Christmas" Mommy version

I like 'twas 'cause I'm old English on the inside *wink*

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through our home
Nothing was stirring, not even the iPhone

I intended to decorate, to hang lights and hang stockings
But those tasks came second to cleaning and resting
So our home, it does look like it does everyday
Hey! At least there are presents tucked somewhere away!

Our son's in his crib, no one's staying up late
Gosh, wouldn' it be nice if he slept until 8?

When all of a sudden, there arose such a clatter
I barely opened my eyes to turn down the baby monitor
Unfortunately for me, that wasn't it
Then my brained turned back on, "It must be St. Nick!"

Sure enough it was he, trying to be fancy
Backing his sleigh into visitor's parking
I got to the door, before he could ring
The doorbell that'd definitely start the dogs barking

He was dressed in faux fur, from his hat to his shoes
He had a Starbucks in hand, on the phone using bluetooth
He complained about traffic, "That dreaded 270!"
I said, "What'd you expect? People are still shopping!"

He came in and said, "No lights and no stockings?"
"COME ON!...
"Can we talk 'bout his later, perhaps by email or texting?"

I shushed him as he plopped his bag on the floor
Our son stirred a bit, overheard on the monitor
Soon St. Nick was done, out the door he went quickly
Instead of his sleigh, to next door he shimmied

When he was all done visiting our little street,
He got back in his sleigh, hurt were his feet
He had more homes to visit, DC metro is crowded
"Maybe next year I'll use UPS or FedEx it!"

"My GPS's been stolen! What a long night!"
Nevertheless…
I heard him exclaim, while he flew out of sight,

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"


 by expandng.com

Show some love. Leave a comment below 
and/or share this post using buttons below. 
 
P.S. Read this mom-version of the classic poem
with a sweet lesson for all moms at the end.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...