Sunday, December 25, 2011

How much do you enjoy parenthood?

Around 10:15am on at Saturday, we got in the car to have lunch with a friend in D.C. I already knew J was tired, so it was no surprise that he fell asleep in the car. My naiveté convinced me that he'd be ok even if we woke him up prematurely. Boy, was I wrong!

He was CRANKY! I mean, whining, crying, trying-to-climb-out-of-the-highchair CRANKY. Normally, I would agree with my husband to let him be, but we were in a fairly nice restaurant and I didn't want to be a bother and kicked out.

 [source: MSNBC]

I was noticeably peeved at J's behavior. At one point, I took him to the entrance to try to calm him down, but no luck. Eventually, my husband took him outside and luckily found Playseum across the street to hang out in. By the way, this location is much nicer and larger than the one in Bethesda.

Once the two of them left, my friend asked me how I enjoy parenthood. At the peeved-moment, I said "60/40", which now sounds so sad - only a bit above 50/50?!

Now that I have had time to cool-down, realistically, I'd agree with my husband and say 70/30...even 80/20, but that's on average. Some days it's 100/0 and other days it's 1/99!

Anyways, another new year's resolution for me is to remember to enjoy all aspects of parenting -- the good and bad. Also, to do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that I may become blameless and pure, a child of God (Philippians 2:14-15 NIV).

So...
How much do you enjoy parenthood?


Show some love. Leave a comment below
and/or share this post using buttons below.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...