Friday, December 16, 2011

First time with non-family babysitter

Last time my husband considered hiring a babysitter, my reaction was basically what?! you craazy. It was Valentine's Day. J was 8 months old. Luckily, my sister and BIL (brother-in-law) stepped up to the plate and stayed home with sleeping J while we went out for dinner.

Fast forward 10 months and my husband has an evening company partaaay tonight at some fancy smanshy country club that requires men wear jackets after 6pm. Not that we couldn't bring J, but he probably wouldn't have that much schmoozing with industry folk.

I wasn't looking forward to finding and interviewing lots of candidates on sites such as Care.com and SitterCity.com. Luckily for us, the PTO at J's daycare sent out a list of teachers that are available for babysitting! I guess we could have approached J's teacher ourselves, but we were afraid we'd be stepping on the school's toes or whatever.

Soooo....tonight we are leaving J with his first non-family babysitter. 

So, I hope he eats dinner, and plays nicely, and can fall asleep without either one of us being the one to get him to bed....I'm sure he'll be fine since he knows this teacher -- she's right next door and apparently he loves to play with her hair and sit in her lap when it's time to read a book. Aw!

Hope everyone -- me, my husband, and J -- will have fun tonight!

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...