Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions (NYR) (are you cynical already?)

[source: Richard Wiseman, How to keep your NYR]

I've grouped my NYRs into several categories:

Achievable:
  • No more chips or fries.
  • Attending church every Sunday -- no matter what
  • Attending small group -- building relationships
  • Reading the Bible and praying everyday
  • Date night with hubby at least once a month
  • Swim lessons for J -- and me too, I guess…
  • Going to the gym at least once a week (lower on the achievable list) -- so sad!

Lofty:
  • Blog here 365 days (actually 366 since 2012 is a leap year!
  • Take a picture a day for capturng.com 
  • Take a photography class
  • Lose 8 lbs. (pre-pregnancy weight)
  • Overseas trip with J (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan?)
  • A short getaway for hubby and me...without J or the dogs!

Pff! I wish:

It'll be interesting to see if I can cross these things off my list as I accomplish (or know I won't accomplish) them!

Please share your lists in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. This.Is.Great. So perfect AND realistic. I recently wrote in a similar vein...I say "make a list", do what you can and don't beat yourself up if you don't tackle every last thing on your list(s). If you're interested, here's a link to my post http://bit.ly/rsMgAo.

    ~Pam Godwin, www.the52weeks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! And for sharing your post. I'm subscribed!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...