Friday, March 30, 2012

March in review & readers spotlight

Why is it that as we get older, time just seems to go by faster??? Good-bye, March! Hello, April! Let's take a walk down memory lane….


My favorite posts were:
Your favorite posts were:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who reads this blog. I am so honored by your time. Even though I highlight comments in these monthly posts, I want to thank everyone for reading. This blog received 30% more visits in March than in February, and it warms my little heart.

A few comments of the month were:

Lots of votes for the purchase and photography of a fedora for our 19-mo boy. Here's one from a.lee at Little Boy B Makes Three. Re: Old Navy outfits.



Thanks for reassuring me that I'm not a bad mommy, just human. Here's one from Mandi at Sweet Tiny Blessings.



June from Simply June Bug



Andrea from EC Simplified (tks!)



And here's just the sweetest note from Michelle.



Bloggy things I did in March:
  • I added a social networking bar by wibiya. PLEASE let me know if it's distracting or if there any social media buttons you use but I haven't included.
  • Moved my "Click here to continue reading" link to the right for all posts by following
    this article
  • Finally got Disqus to work on mobile browsers. VERY easy.
  • Created "buttons" for the blog. Grab one!
  • Removed navigation bar from top of my Blogger blog as demonstrated by Fat Mum Slim
  • I read A LOT in Google Reader. I subscribe to blogs' RSS feeds. Before Facebook pages went to Timeline (ugh), there used to be a link to RSS pages' walls. Now, I have no idea how to do it. Moving on, and this is new, I like to RSS blogs' comment feeds so I can see if there was a reply to my comment. If the blog doesn't have a link to RSS comments, here's three examples of URLs for comment feeds.
    • WordPress, self-hosted: http://domainname.com/comments/feed/
    • WordPress, self hosted (with www): http://www.domainname.com/comments/feed/
    • Blogger, free domain: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

Places where I've been mentioned (so honored!):

What I'm looking forward to in April:
  • "Spring Break" at J's daycare. We're going to the aquarium!
  • Being outside some more. In March, I was able to take enough pictures for two collages (1,2)!
  • Our first date night in a long time. I want to go out for tapas!

And last, but not least, some inspirational images…LOL

Life is rough...

Life is rough...

Life is rough...

What's your best memory from March?
What are you looking forward to in April?




Show some love. Leave a comment below and I'll definitely respond! 
----------------------- 
Follow this blog!
RSS | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Bloglovin'
----------------------- 
 Originally posted at expandng.com - March in review & readers spotlight  

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...