Monday, June 20, 2011

Memorial Day weekend

This post is a few weeks late, but it's been hectic these days. We made a 4-hr trip down to VA beach to visit my sister-in-law (SIL). We left around J's nap time, and he slept for 2 hours of the trip (yay!). But that left us newbies with 2 more hours to entertain a baby that'd rather not be confined to a car seat. We whipped out the toys & books, sang songs, and played peek-a-boo. The last 1/2 hr seemed the longest of the car ride, and we decided that 4 hrs was probably the farthest we'd ever want to drive again without stopping.

My in-laws and other SIL also drove down. It was a packed house with 7 adults, 3 dogs, and 1 baby. There was never a dull moment, to say the least. My VA-SIL was a great host - she grilled steak one night and chicken the other, she ordered blue crabs, and we went to the beach. Below are pictures of J having fun in the sand and really enjoying a small bucket of water. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the family (shame on me!). I really should have a list of "shots" that I want to take in my mind. When did I become so list-oriented?

This was one time when J didn't mind wearing the hat. It was really sunny!

The water was a bit chilly
 Oooo, water!

 And here is J with Grandpa and Coco. What's so interesting up there?

I just thought this picture was funny - that's Yoshi giving SIL a shiatsu massage.
 

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...