Monday, June 27, 2011

Meh ramen

I've been craving Japanese ramen since I had it in Japan like 6 years ago. No bowl in the U.S. has measured up except this bowl in NYC (thanks to SIL & hubby for allowing me this joyful experience)...


which elicited this thoughtful response...






So when I saw "ramen" on a Japanese restaurant's menu (rare for me), I just had to order it.


Looks are so deceiving - the noodles had that old, fried taste, and though the broth was flavorful, neither the noodles or beef had any (except the aforementioned old, fried taste). Verdict is meh. I felt kinda sick afterwards because it was so bad, but I was hungry!

1 comment:

  1. You should try the fresh ramen they sell in the refridgerated section of H-mart. You can also try coming here to edgewater and getting Japanese ramyun from the Japanese grocery store: Mitsuwa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...