Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hobbies

We've been spending the last 11 months struggling, learning, crying and laughing while raising our beautiful boy. Now that we are both more settled in many aspects of our new lives in MD, we are both making a concerted effort to either pick-up old hobbies or venture into new ones. A joined a volleyball league in MD, and I want to learn about photography....so here it goes...


I'm sure the photograph below doesn't tell a good "story". Nothing is standing out - not the sky, the boats, or anything. My intention was to try to capture a dramatic sky.


I won't get my dramatic sky photo but I could still practice a few photo-editing tricks.

I downloaded GIMP, a free photoshop-like software, and changed the saturation, brightness and contrast, and even used "curves" to change I'm-not-sure-what ;). The edited photo below isn't drastically different from the original. But I do think the one below is less "flat".

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...