Thursday, December 30, 2010

Welcoming the new year

I had contemplated getting a (cheap) gym membership at work but I couldn't easily get extra access onto campus. My current access is only 7am-7pm because I am not a NIST employee. I would have liked to work out before work. I don't want to work out during lunch because 1. I'd have no time to eat and 2. I don't want to return to work all sweaty and nasty. Yea, I could take a shower there, but then I'd have to make up the hour and I don't want to stay late. J goes to bed early, so I want to maximize my time with him. I also contemplated getting a membership at a local gym, but it could be expensive.

So after much deliberation, I've decided to start working out at home.I went to Amazon last night and bought 2 DVDs and a kettlebell weight. I got Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set, which is apparently a new craze. The preview clip looked like a lot of fun.


I also got Jillian Michaels: Shred-It With Weights since I need motivation for weight training, and I've been a fan of hers from The Biggest Loser.


For JM's workout, I also bought a 15-lb kettlebell weight.


If I can get in 3 workouts a week, I'll be satisfied!

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...