Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Preview of a birthday


Growing up, my family never made a hooplah out of birthdays. We did the same year every year - had dinner, opened presents, and then had cake - just with family. I should try to dig up a picture for every birthday my sister and I had growing up. Wouldn't that be fun?

Anyways, many say that J's one-year is more significant for us and the family than for him. I'd say that's partly true. J's one-year is significant for me because I've learned so much about myself as a wife and mother, so much about A as a husband and father, and so much about where the three (four including Coco) of us fit into the ever-growing extended family.

J's one-year is significant for him, whether he knows it or not right now. Just a few months ago, I was reflecting on the many changes J had gone through in his first six months - eating, sleeping, motor skills, and speech. He's now got four teeth (an update from the third tooth I felt last week). He's pulling himself up to stand, cruising from furniture to furniture (or from furniture to me or A), booking it up stairs, and babbling up to three "syllables". He loves when we brush his four teeth, he loves switching on and off lights, and he LOVES eating baby puffs. Before, he'd shove a baby puff in his mouth and mash it with his gums. Now, he picks them up with his forefinger and thumb and nibbles them with his front teeth. So cute!

Anyways, we are all looking forward to having a little celebration this weekend for J's one-year.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...