Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 27 - 15", over 2 lbs

The size of our little boy is can no longer be compared to fruit anymore. He's 15" (that's longer than a foot!) and over 2 lbs in weight! I can't believe that I am a week away from the beginning of my third trimester. The doc said I should feel regular fetal movement by Week 28, but he's been moving everyday for several weeks now. It's a crazy cool feeling. It's like mini earthquakes in my tummy.


Luckily, leg cramps first thing in the morning have gone away (it only lasted 2 days). Sometimes I get restless leg syndrome before bed, so I just make sure I'm really sleepy before shutting the lights off (usually reading makes me sleepy).

This week I'll go for a glucose tolerance test. It is a screening test for gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). I have to drink a glucose solution and then my blood is drawn after an hour. If glucose levels are high after that hour, I may have to go back for a 3-hour test. Wish me luck ;)!

4 comments:

  1. the baby moving thing seemed a little freaky at first, but pretty cool. It must feel weird..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely something you've never felt before! But totally amazing. Wait until I can capture it on video!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, have you had your GDM test yet? Did you have to take the 3-hour test? Did you do it at Quest Diagnostics? You're in the home strecth!!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont have my results from the 1hr test yet. Yep, did it at Quest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...