Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby shower!

Saturday was our bi-monthly Couples/Young Families Fellowship meeting. It starts at 10:30am and the location this week was about an hour away. Friday night I ask A what time we should leave the next morning. I suggest 9:30 and he suggests 10. I then go on a little rant as to why he would want to leave at 10 when he knows that the meeting starts at 10:30 and we are an hour away. So we compromise and say 9:45.

Saturday morning, 9:45, and I'm ready to go. A says he needs to use the bathroom. I then go on a little rant as to why he would wait until we have to leave before realizing he needs to use the bathroom.

In the car and we still have to pick up some food for the fellowship. We finally find the ACME close to the meeting location and get the food. It is now 10:45 and I go on a little rant, saying things like "See, told you it would take us at least 45 min to get here. Why did you want to leave at 10?" and "It's only you and me right now, so I'm ok trying to get just you to leave the house on time. But when we have kids too, you gotta help me round up the troops. I can't have you dragging your feet too." A nods and says, "Yes, dear."

Finally at the meeting location, and A feels the need to honk at one of our fellowship members who's in the driveway helping another family unload their car. It's like "Ok, way to announce our late arrival, sweetie." We get inside the house and everyone screams surprise and all the kids are laughing hysterically on the floor. (I haven't gotten the idea yet because I'm distracted by the kids laughing hysterically on the floor) Then Alan says surprise to me and I'm like "Is this why you were trying to make us late this morning?!"

Anyways, it was a great surprise. The fellowship celebrated the upcoming birth of two families' babies that day (ours and another's). And I'm glad I didn't give A too hard a time that morning about being late. Which is surprising since I'm a stickler for time, but I guess I am learning to hold my tongue and be patient. Hehe...A  wouldn't agree with that last sentence. He's patient for putting up with me.

Be the first to leave a comment

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...