Monday, March 29, 2010

Sleeping

Some nights, like last night, I just wanted to fall asleep on my back! It would have been so much more comfortable. But I have to keep to my side (preferably my left), which "will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby (source)." Sleeping on my back can "cause problems with backaches, breathing, digestive system, hemorrhoids, low blood pressure and decrease in circulation to your heart and your baby. This is a result of your abdomen resting on your intestines and major blood vessels (the aorta and vena cava)."

Though I really shouldn't be complaining, considering the little sleep I may get after the baby arrives...

2 comments:

  1. you need a snoogle! it helped me become a side sleeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have heard of those. i'll check one out a BRU, think they have it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...