Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Labor or not?

Monday morning, 5am, I experienced a series of 3 menstrual-like cramps that lasted about 30 sec and came every 10 min. But then they went away.

Monday afternoon to early evening, I experienced a long series of Braxton-Hicks contractions that lasted 60 sec and came every 5 min. But then they went away too.

Do real contractions feel more like menstrual cramps or Braxton-Hicks? According to WebMD, true contractions are more likely felt starting in the lower back and moving to the front of the abdomen. Well, that wasn't me, so I must have been in false labor yesterday. Nevertheless, I'll tell my doc about the cramps today at my appointment. Hey, maybe it wasn't true labor but still helped me to dilate or efface more.

1 comment:

  1. don't think too much about it...or you're start contributing to the placebo effect. Just start thinking about the food cravings you have had to resist for the past 8 months or so!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...