Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Did it to me again!

So A's family was planning to have a BBQ this past Memorial Day Weekend. I knew we'd start late because the family was traveling and had errands in the morning. No problem with me - I just wanted to make sure that we got there before everyone to get the coal fire started on the picnic grills. You do not want to make a pregnant woman wait to eat! Anyways, so the night before, I asked A to make sure that the pavilion his sister had reserved wouldn't be taken by someone else if we didn't claim it by a certain time (sometimes that happens at other parks). A and I got into this stupid fight because I kept asking him to check with his sister (I didn't want to show up to the park and not have a place!) and he kept saying to trust her and we shouldn't have to ask.

We arrive at the park the next morning (or should I say afternoon). As we drive past our reserved pavilion, I notice a lot of cars and am thinking, "Wow, a big crowd BBQing next to us". Once we turn in, I see two families from our fellowship on the swing set, and then I'm thinking "What a coincidence. They must be doing a social outing. We'll be BBQing neighbors!" But then I see a lot more people, as well as a decorated pavilion and gift bags lined up on a picnic bench. Then it suddenly dawns on me that this is the surprise baby shower that his family was planning!

I can't believe I got duped for the second time! And both times A and I had an argument about timing (that'd we'd be late or something)! I can't believe he puts up with me :D.

What's funny too is that I had emailed my sister about the picnic to see if she'd be in town to attend. (I assumed my mom was working, since it was a Saturday). She had a lot of reasons not to come and I totally understood. Friday night comes around and I think about calling her to see if she's coming or not, but decide not to - she must be busy. And of course she helped to plan the shower and surprised me by being at the park, along with my mom. Haha.

It was a GREAT surprise! Thanks for planning everything, family! And thanks to our friends for attending! I can't wait to post pictures of everything - tiger box favors, tiger cupcakes, food, etc.

1 comment:

  1. glad you were surprised and had a great time! we were sorry to miss it -- although you'll have to ask your sister to see the original evite. it titled "baby-que" and both my sister and i thought it was so typical nina. then kayla started saying "baby-que" over and over again cracking up each time. maybe i'll record her saying it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment (or two). If your email address is available on your Blogger profile or blog, then we'll respond that way. If not, we'll respond right here in the comments, so be sure to subscribe to comments :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...